So it was my first flight cross country and I got winged, thanks to the handsome flight attendant on United Flight 257 out of NYC.
San Francisco is a dream; way more laid back than New York. Below are 10 things to love about San Francisco.
1) The Golden Gate Bridge of course. Riding across is great, but walking it is also an option. In the pic below we circled below the bridge in a boat.
2) San Francisco is well known for its knee buckling hills. These hills make for great panoramic views. Take the challenge and walk.
3) The famed Alcatraz sits right in the bay and is visible from many points. Somehow from all the stories I heard of Alcatraz growing up, I assumed it was some desolate rock in the middle of nowhere.
4) Seafood lovers unite on Fisherman's Wharf! From jumbo lobster and shrimp rolls to fried calamari, etc., the options are endless.
5) Aquarium of the Bay is a great option but if you'd rather interact with sea creatures in their element then go for the fearless sea lions which congregate on their pier, much to everyone's delight.
6) Antique mode of transportation. Need I say more?
7) Little or no plastic bags on the streets or anywhere. You carry your bag to the store or pay 10 cents to get your items placed in a brown bag. Take note NYC.
8) Yosemite National Park is a must if you ever visit San Francisco. A definite must.
9) With San Francisco's close proximity and regular tours to Napa Valley and Sonoma County its a wine lover's destination.
10) There's no one who visits San Francisco without strolling down Fisherman's Wharf.